April 30, 2009

Missing the Muse

Its been a tough couple of months for me and I have little excuse for lack of posting photography or snippets about what I have been up to. To quite honest the muse is missing and she seems to be playing dirty tricks on me currently. I have thought of little tricks to bring her back. I have left bread at the door step. I have quit drinking. I started drinking. I talked with elders. I worked with the youth. I traveled thousands of miles in a car with my parents. I listened to the Sun King backwards. Nothing is working.


What I do know for sure is that giving up is not an option. I know that doing less is not the answer, nor is doing exactly the same, things need to get shaken up somehow.

Here is my call, what do you do for inspiration? What do you do when you hit the proverbial 'writers block'? I have thought of copying my idols, mimicking their muse. Listening to a lot of Beatles albums. Going back to basics.

Little can be said, other than this. Having pride in ones work is all that is needed. I am missing that most of all. I will leave you with an image of my grandfather taken in 1951. For some reason this image oozes pride to me.


No comments:

My last played songs while editing photos were....


If you have not added Last.Fm to your computer yet, go ahead and click my play list. Add me as a friend. Highly recommended.